This Warhammer blog is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
(Illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012)

eBay auctions ending soonest great eBay sales WFB (US) WFB (UK) 40K eBay stores WFB register on eBay
http://battlereporter.blogspot.com is an approved affiliate of eBay, all auctions are current and hosted securely by eBay

Warhammer Battle Reports 7th / 8thNauticans / Design Fantasy Gallery

Ogre Kindoms Army Analysis of Units and Special Rules

With the exception of magical items to which I will return to select my favourites, I'm nearing the end of my Ogre Army analysis.

I have to say it has been great fun. I find the army list one of the best reads of them all. GW have worked hard on creating another truly unique race and I have no reservations in recommending the book to everyone, even if you don't plan to field an Ogre army, it's a great addition to your collection.

I purchased the Skaven, Ogre and Beasts of Chaos books at more or less the same time but it's the Ogre one I keep picking up when I have a few minutes to spare.

It's true that Ogres are not great performers on the tournament circuit. I suspect this is due to their lack of cheap cannon fodder that can actually fight a bit - Gnoblars just don't cut the mustard I'm sorry to say.

I suspect there are inherent weaknesses to be addressed, I wouldn't fancy taking Ogres into battle against an experienced Wood Elf or High Elf General. But you should remember that the tournaments are played by some of the best gamers in the Warhammer world, for friendly games against your pals, Ogres are great as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just waiting to see what Games Workshop do with the 2008 version (edition 7 I presume) of Vampire Counts before I make my final decision on my next army collection. For now, Ogres head the pack, I just cannot stop fantasisng about taking Skrag the Slaughterer, 6 Gorgers (!!!) and a Gnoblar Scrap Launcher into battle :)

I hope you have enjoyed my Ogre posts so far.

Regards,
Sigmar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Darkblade, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Golden Demon, Great Unclean One, GW, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Lord of Change, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Warhammer World logo, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Warvault Webring

in the forum now