This Warhammer blog is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
(Illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012)

eBay auctions ending soonest great eBay sales WFB (US) WFB (UK) 40K eBay stores WFB register on eBay
http://battlereporter.blogspot.com is an approved affiliate of eBay, all auctions are current and hosted securely by eBay

Warhammer Battle Reports 7th / 8thNauticans / Design Fantasy Gallery

How to kill a Treeman without a beaver (how to beat Wood Elves with High Elves)

In a week's time my noble High Elf army will be facing their sundered Wood Elf kindred. How it has come to this is another story but I suspect it's all over some precious elven heirloom or, more likely, a beautiful Elf maiden.

Anyway, what I am pretty certain of is there will be a very large, talking moving tree that I will need to fell.

You know, I'm not too worried about it either. Infact, I wouldn't be worried at all if the wretched things weren't stubborn.

I do expect to take some damage but I think as long as I engage the big fella (I assume they're all male ?) with the right unit(s).

The best thing about Treemen (as far as their enemies are concerned) is that they are S L O W......

Also their Ws is nowhere what it used to be in early army lists. I know I'll hit him and I know I'll damage him.

My plan however will not be to rush into combat with him. I need to knock off some wounds first. He could well beat me in combat and I don't feel like having a whole unit wiped out by a single treeman.

Magic and missile fire (ie repeating bolt thrower) will be the order of the day for this fellow until I feel confident of taking him out in one round in close combat.

I could use some wood for the victory celebration barbeque :)

Errata:

the above game has long since been played and my forces coped admirably with the endm Treeman, indeed a unit of Swordmasters reduced him to 1 wound (from 6). It give me a lot of faith in Swordmasters (although they did have to sacrifice themselves to the cause)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Darkblade, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Golden Demon, Great Unclean One, GW, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Lord of Change, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Warhammer World logo, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Warvault Webring

in the forum now