This Warhammer blog is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
(Illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012)

eBay auctions ending soonest great eBay sales WFB (US) WFB (UK) 40K eBay stores WFB register on eBay
http://battlereporter.blogspot.com is an approved affiliate of eBay, all auctions are current and hosted securely by eBay

Warhammer Battle Reports 7th / 8thNauticans / Design Fantasy Gallery

A Nightmare Scenario : Wood Elves & Lizardmen Artillery !

I have been studying the Wood Elf army book in preparation for a 2000pt game I have this Saturday. They have so many army choices available to them that it scares me ! Thankfully, I am fielding a High Elf Army and expect to do well. Especially with their superior martial prowess and, importantly, the Always Strike First rule & Phoenix Guard ward save.

However, the reason I think I will do ok is because I believe I will quickly force the enemy into combat because our movement rates are the same and it will be difficult for him to avoid me. If I was fielding Dwarfs I would be more worried, or fielding loads of long range artillery to force the Elves to come to me.

That brings me onto the artillery nightmare scenario. If High Elves or for that matter Lizardmen had 48" plus artillery ability they truly would rule the Warhammer world. My nightmare consists of Wood Elf Treeman rock throwers, like the Ents trying to destroy Saruman's Orthanc
in Lord of the Rings. In fact, in years passed I believe the Ents could indeed throw rocks ! But thankfully no more.

Or what about a Lizardman Gigantic Salamander (like the plasma launching 'bugs' in Starship Troopers !!!

I think I'd better end this, I'm starting to break out in a cold sweat.

No, neither Lizards or Wood Elves have long range arty and for that we should all be grateful and sleep well at night :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Darkblade, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Golden Demon, Great Unclean One, GW, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Lord of Change, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Warhammer World logo, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Warvault Webring

in the forum now