This Warhammer blog is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
(Illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012)

eBay auctions ending soonest great eBay sales WFB (US) WFB (UK) 40K eBay stores WFB register on eBay
http://battlereporter.blogspot.com is an approved affiliate of eBay, all auctions are current and hosted securely by eBay

Warhammer Battle Reports 7th / 8thNauticans / Design Fantasy Gallery

Dwarfs vs High Elves 2000 points - Tactics

I have begun unit selection and tactial preparations for an almighty 2000 pt tussle
with the bearded stunty ones.

I will be fielding High Elves again, although I will soon be switching allegeance to Vampire Counts once I have finished assembling the models and added a battalion set.

It has been quite sometime since I faced off against Dwafs on the battlefield and I feel at a bit of a loss as to what approach I should take. The army selection for my last combat against Wood Elves almost decided itself because I had a reasonably good idea of their likely tactics.

This time around it's not so easy. Will the Dwarfs create a castle ramparts type defence, really strongly gun lines with several war machines or which they even come for me ?

I have been reviewing the Dwarf Army book and I'm frankly worried by the power of my enemy's runic weapons. I'm keen to adopt an aggressive stance and take the initiative in the fight but how ?

Artillery is also a clear threat so I'm thinking about oneor more flyers to counter this - although I'm still very undecided.

Magic is another unnkown to me. From what I have read so far the Dwarf magic defence is excellent so I'm not sure if the standard magic approach will be effective enough.

It's pleasing to see some Dwarf specific magic items in the High Elves rulebook, especially the one making the anvil of doom less likely to work.

Hmmm... A lot to think of ahead of this fight.

Here's a discussion thread in the forum Dwarfs vs High Elves 2000pts

I warmly welcome any advice. Please post here or in my High Elves forum thread if you've got any tips you think might assist my planning.

Thanks for your help,
Sigmar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Darkblade, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Golden Demon, Great Unclean One, GW, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Lord of Change, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Warhammer World logo, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Warvault Webring

in the forum now